On the same day that abortionist Dr. Kermit Gosnell was found guilty of murdering babies, an abortion facility in Charlotte was shut down and had its license revoked by health inspectors who said the clinic was "an imminent threat to the health and safety of patients."
Talk about a bad day for abortionists.
The Preferred Women's Health Center, one of three abortion clinics in Charlotte, offered chemical abortions up to nine weeks' gestation and surgical abortions up to 20 weeks.
Inspectors from the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services conducted a surprise visit to the clinic as a follow up to an investigation that started in December of last year when state inspectors reportedly discovered dead insects, blood splatters, and dirty instruments in the clinic.
The Catholic News Herald reports that inspectors found that the clinic does "present an imminent danger to the health, safety and welfare of the clients and that emergency action is required to protect the clients."
Wait, you mean an abortion clinic that hurts women? How can it be possible. I thought us pro-lifers were the ones waging a war on women.
And then, get this, in an example of amazing hubris, despite being shut down, the clinic was still taking appointments for abortions.
Despite the state's order to close on May 10, facility employees were still scheduling abortion appointments for later in the week when the Catholic News Herald telephoned the facility two separate times on Monday, May 13. Later on Monday, after the Catholic News Herald called a third time and told the staff about the state's decision to revoke the clinic's operating license, no cars were seen outside the building and a closed sign was posted on the front door.These abortion clinics can't believe that they're actually being inspected for realzies. Perhaps there is some good coming out of Gosnell's house of horrors.
Pro-life advocates from St. Thomas Aquinas Church among others had gone out on Saturday morning, May 11, to pray in front of the facility, as usual, and found it closed. Clinic staff members were seen turning away scheduled patients in the parking lot, they noted, but pro-lifers said they heard the closure was for Saturday and Monday only, and that appointments were expected to resume on Tuesday.
Ricky Diaz, a spokesman for the health department, said inspectors would follow up Tuesday to ensure that the clinic remained shut down.
You can read more at The Catholic News Herald.